Grade Level: Grades 4 – 8
Instructions: Plan a virtual field trip to an attraction of your choice. Then create a tourism poster describing and promoting the location.
Assignment 1: Decide on your trip.
- Imagine you have the ability to travel anywhere in the world. What country would you like to visit?
- Read through the Points of Interest module in ABC World Culture for the country you have chosen. Choose an attraction that interests you.
- Learn more about the country where your attraction is located by reviewing the Country Overview and Cultural Overview.
Assignment 2: Plan for the trip.
- Create a packing list. Look at the location map on the Points of Interest page and correlate that with information in the Climate module to figure out what kinds of clothing to bring.
- Make notes on the money you will need and the current exchange rate (see Money and Banking).
- Write a short list of the country’s specialty foods you’d like to try (see Food and Recipes).
- Make a list of 10 useful words or phrases you are likely to use in the country (see Language).
Assignment 3: Create a poster describing and promoting the attraction you have chosen for your Virtual Field Trip.
- Print out relevant photos and maps from ABC World Culture and add information on:
- The history of the attraction
- The location of the attraction
- The culture of the country in which the attraction is located
Extra Credit: Write a short paragraph explaining why you chose your attraction.
Article written for World Trade Press by Jenny Fretland VanVoorst.
Copyright © 1993-2021 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.